Choosing the right deep fryer can be a monumental and crucial decision. With so many options to pick from, it can be difficult to decide which option is the right one for you.
But luckily, despite the similarities between different models and brands, the differences make certain designs better for certain individuals. Check out this list of the top 10 best deep fryers of 2019 to get some ideas!
- Read more: 10 Best Air Fryers 2019
- 1 10 Best Deep Fryer Reviews for 2019
- 1.1 1. Cuisinart CDF-200 4-Quart Deep Fryer – Best Fryer for Outdoor Frying
- 1.2 2. Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer – Best Budget-Friendly Deep Fryer
- 1.3 3. Secura Stainless Steel Triple Basket Electric Deep Fryer – Best Multi-Basket Deep Fryer
- 1.4 4. Presto 05466 Stainless Steel Dual Basket Pro Deep Fryer – Best Economical Deep Fryer for Large Groups
- 1.5 5. T-Fal Filtra One Cool Touch Electric Deep Fryer – Best Easy-to-Use Deep Fryer
- 1.6 6. Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer – Most Highly Customizable Fryer
- 1.7 7. Excelsteel 6-Quart Stainless Steel Stove Top Deep Fryer – Best Low-Budget Deep Fryer
- 1.8 8. Hamilton Beach 35021 Deep Fryer – Good for Home Cooks
- 1.9 9. Belovedkai Electric Deep Fryer – Best Deep Fryer for Commercial and Home Use
- 1.10 10. Proctor Silex 35044 Professional-Style Deep Fryer – Ideal for Home Chefs and Large Gatherings
- 2 Things to Consider Before Buying
- 3 How to Use Deep Fryer – Safety Tips
- 4 Deep Fryer FAQs
- 5 Conclusion
10 Best Deep Fryer Reviews for 2019
|Cuisinart CDF-200 Deep Fryer||Stainless Steel||4.0|
|Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer||Black||4.4|
|Secura Stainless Steel Triple Basket Electric Deep Fryer||Stainless Steel||4.1|
|Presto 05466 Stainless Steel Dual Basket Pro Deep Fryer||Stainless Steel||4.2|
|T-Fal Filtra One Cool Touch Electric Deep Fryer||Black||4.3|
|Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer||Stainless Steel||3.9|
|Excelsteel 6-Quart Stainless Steel Stove Top Deep Fryer||Stainless Steel||4.2|
|Hamilton Beach 35021 Deep Fryer||Black||4.0|
|Belovedkai Electric Deep Fryer||Stainless Steel||4.0|
|Proctor Silex 35044 Professional-Style Deep Fryer||Stainless Steel||4.2|
1. Cuisinart CDF-200 4-Quart Deep Fryer – Best Fryer for Outdoor Frying
Cuisinart is best-known for its food processors and blenders, but recently the brand has branched out to provide its customers with other types of outstanding kitchen appliances as well.
This Cuisinart deep fryer is exceptional in that it has a number of important and valuable settings and assets. Plus, its removable components make for super simple cleaning and maintenance, allowing users to focus whole-heartedly on the food instead of on the machine.
The 1800-watt immersion heating element, which can be easily removed for cleaning, makes the fryer heat up to temperatures between 175 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit. This high-powered element ensures that the oil heats back up quickly after food is introduced into the fryer.
In addition to the custom heat settings, this Cuisinart deep fryer comes with a timer that lets users elect to cook for up to 30 minutes at a time. Users can utilize this function to ensure wonderful results every time.
A stainless steel exterior gives this deep fryer a beautiful appearance. The basket handle is a black plastic, which is an additional safety feature that also contributes to the overall durability of the appliance.
The Cuisinart 4-Quart Deep Fryer comes equipped with a small window on the lid, which gives the cook the chance to check the food to ensure a smooth cooking process. Not all deep fryers come with this asset, so this is a crucial benefit to be aware of when making a purchase.
- 1800-watt immersion heating element
- Window in the lid to observe the cooking process
- Dishwasher-safe basket, oil container, and lid
- No-mess food removal
- Customizable cooking settings
- 2 baskets can be used simultaneously; more than 1 food can be cooked at the one time
- Larger size than other deep fryers
- No filter; best for use outdoors or in areas with a lot of ventilation
- Fry timer is poorly placed on the appliance
2. Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer – Best Budget-Friendly Deep Fryer
As one of the most affordable deep fryer options on this list, the Presto FryDaddy deep fryer certainly has a lot to offer for its low price.
Besides the initial low cost of the fryer, the 05420 Presto model only requires 4 cups of oil to effectively fry food. This means dramatically lower costs in the long run, since much less oil will need to be purchased to use the fryer.
A light weight and condensed size makes this deep fryer a good choice for individuals with small kitchens or who have limited countertop space.
Unlike many other deep fryers that have removable baskets for frying, the Presto 05420 FryDaddy doesn’t have a basket, but instead requires that cooks remove food with the use of a special scoop. Although different than other fryers, this method is effective and mess-free.
The lid of this deep fryer model snaps on before and after frying. This creates a safer frying process, and also lets users conserve the oil in the appliance for the next use, so long as the oil is still usable.
The Presto FryDaddy relies on an automatically controlled thermostat and timer to cook food. For cooks that like to have a lot of control over the temperature and cooking time for their food, this may be a deterrent. For individuals who enjoy ease of use, this is a huge asset.
- Easy to use
- Affordable with low usage costs
- Small, compact size
- Non-stick interior for easy cleaning
- Less customizable control for the cook
- No baskets; a scoop is used to remove food
- Possibility for oil spattering; lid cannot be closed during frying
3. Secura Stainless Steel Triple Basket Electric Deep Fryer – Best Multi-Basket Deep Fryer
This is an extremely versatile deep fryer with multiple frying options. As a bonus, its versatility and beauty come at an accessible and economical price, making it possible for anyone to access the fantastic benefits of this fryer.
The Secura deep fryer comes equipped with 3 frying baskets; one basket is a large size that allows for large-scale frying of chicken or fries, while the other two are smaller and make it possible for cooks to easily fry more than one food at a time.
A polished black and silver exterior is coated with a cooling material for safety and ease-of-use. The baskets come with black, heat-proof handles for safe and quick use during frying; the Secura deep fryer is specially designed for simple functionality.
Adjustable heat settings range from 250-375 degrees Fahrenheit, and an automatic timer can be set to times up to 60 minutes. Home cooks and professionals alike will adore these straightforward and effective settings.
The design of this Secura deep fryer is effective and efficient. The cool exterior makes it possible to situate this fryer anywhere in the kitchen without worry of safety. Meanwhile, the triple-basket design (1 large basket and 2 half baskets) make it a highly functional appliance.
The main disadvantage of this deep fryer is that, in order to remove the basket, it’s necessary to first remove the lid. This makes a higher possibility for messes and can be a bothersome hassle for some people.
- Effective 3-basket design
- Heat-proof handles and cool exterior
- Adjustable heat and time settings
- Affordable deep fryer
- Must remove lid in order to remove the fry basket(s).
- Can become dirty fast if not cleaned regularly
- Excessive use may result in damage to wiring
4. Presto 05466 Stainless Steel Dual Basket Pro Deep Fryer – Best Economical Deep Fryer for Large Groups
This Presto deep fryer is awesome for cooks who are looking for a deep fryer that can cook large quantities of food. Because of its dual basket design, this deep fryer can cook two separate parts of a meal simultaneously with little to no effect on the flavor of either dish.
The immersion heating element in the Presto 05466 deep fryer is effective and efficient. It heats up oil fast, and maintains the heat during the entire frying process. A steady and unwavering temperature is crucial to perfectly fried food, so this is an important benefit of this fryer.
Because this deep fryer only requires 3 ¼ cups of oil in order to function, it’s an economical choice. Don’t let the economics fool you though; the 05466 model can hold up to 5 quarts of food and can fry, cook, or steam foods for the entire family!
The Presto 05466 deep fryer contains a charcoal filter, a unique addition that not many fryers on this list possess. This filter makes it possible to avoid the excessive “fried food smell” that can permeate households.
A stainless steel design fits well with most kitchen designs. Its smooth style is built for easy cleaning, so it’s a good choice for people who have busy lives and need a simple and functional kitchen appliance.
Although many of the deep fryers on this list come equipped with timers, the Presto Dual Basket Pro Deep Fryer doesn’t have a built-in time. Buyers who desire a timer with their deep fryer should take this aspect into account when making a final purchase choice.
- Dual-basket design
- Charcoal filter
- Easy to clean
- Well-refined immersion heating element
- No built-in timer
- Unattractive design
- Large lid
5. T-Fal Filtra One Cool Touch Electric Deep Fryer – Best Easy-to-Use Deep Fryer
T-Fal is a well-known name in the home kitchen industry, and for good reason; the brand’s products are stylish, functional, and efficient.
This deep fryer has unique settings that assist the user in deciding on temperatures and cooking times for different foods. Instead of independently deciding, users can simply choose the type of food that they’re frying. The fryer controls indicate the appropriate temperature and cook time.
When the cook time is up and the food is ready, a light turns on to tell the cook that their food is ready to be removed. This makes cooking easy and straightforward, meaning that customers can make delicious meals while attending to other life and work related tasks at the same time.
A built-in filter in this T-Fal electric deep fryer can be removed at the end of each frying session to keep the fryer oil clean for the next use. This is extremely convenient, especially for people who don’t have a lot of time to do upkeep on their appliances.
Insulated walls ensure that the deep fryer doesn’t get hot on the outside during the frying process. Thus, users don’t need to worry about the safety of other appliances and objects in their kitchen that are close to the deep fryer when it’s in use.
The main drawback of this deep fryer is that the oil pot isn’t removable, meaning that the entire appliance must be handled in order to drain used oil. Although not a major inconvenience for some, this makes cleaning a bit more complex.
- External light to know when food is ready
- Built-in filter for easy oil cleaning
- Insulated walls
- Easy to use with simple settings
- Non-customizable settings
- Non-removable oil pot
- Complex cleaning process
6. Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer – Most Highly Customizable Fryer
The Breville Smart Fryer is one of the more expensive deep fryers on this list. However, for individuals who prefer to have highly customizable kitchen appliances, this is by far one of the best deep fryer choices.
The primarily stainless steel design is sleek and attractive; the Breville Smart Fryer is a gorgeous appliance to have in any kitchen. Black plastic handles allow for safe removal of baskets and handling of the appliance during cooking.
This Breville appliance gives its users the choice between choosing their own time and temperature options and choosing specially designed presets for different foods. For people who love to cook but who sometimes don’t have a lot of time on their hands, this is ideal.
A specially designed mesh filter inside of the appliance eliminates odors from frying, so using this deep fryer indoors isn’t a problem. Plus, updated technologies allow for optimal oil usage and less chance of oil burn during frying.
The Breville Smart Fryer is exceptionally easy to clean. It’s possible to simply disassemble the appliance for quick and easy cleaning; the frying basket and cooking pot are dishwasher safe, making clean up even faster.
One complaint that customers had was in regard to the deep fryer’s cord. The cord for this fryer attaches to the back of the appliance using a magnet. Customers noted that this magnet wasn’t especially strong, and that the power cable got disconnected easily.
- Highly customizable with presets and personal setting options
- Stainless steel design
- Easy to clean
- Mesh filter eliminates odors
- Less oil burn
- More expensive than other deep fryers
- Power cable disconnects easily
7. Excelsteel 6-Quart Stainless Steel Stove Top Deep Fryer – Best Low-Budget Deep Fryer
The Excelsteel deep fryer is the one and only stove top fryer on this list. The design is simple, yet effective. Because of its simple design, the Excelsteel deep fryer is one of the most affordable choices on this list.
This deep fryer comes with a 6-quart pot complete with a frying basket that allows for quick, effective frying. The bottom of the pot is designed to help distribute heat evenly and heat oil fast for optimal frying. Unlike some pots, this pot avoids the dreaded “hot spot” issue faced by some.
It’s absolutely necessary to have a thermometer to use this deep fryer, since users will be relying solely on the settings on their stovetop to fry food.
In comparison with other fryers on this list, the Excelsteel deep fryer comes with an added bonus. Because the basis for the fryer is a simple 6-quart pot, this kitchen appliance is multifunctional! It can also easily be used to make soups or stews for large groups.
- Simple design
- Extremely easy to clean
- Low cost
- Must have a thermometer in addition to the fryer
- No specific fryer settings
- Some thought required to use the appliance; not for busy or inexperienced cooks
8. Hamilton Beach 35021 Deep Fryer – Good for Home Cooks
This Hamilton Beach deep fryer is compact and sleek, with a black exterior finish that fits perfectly into any kitchen. The outside of this deep fryer is a black stainless steel, making it easy to clean and exceptionally durable over the long term.
A clear window on the lid allows the user to check the food regularly to ensure that it’s being cooked and fried exactly as desired. The 35021 Hamilton Beach model also allows the user to drain the oil easily by removing the basket without having to lift the lid.
The 35021 model can hold 2 liters of oil, making it an excellent choice for home cooks. Because of its limited capacity, it’s not a good choice for commercial cooks, but it’s a fantastic option for people who love to cook and eat homemade fried foods.
The small size of this Hamilton Beach deep fryer (13.1 x 11.4 x 8.6) means that it can easily be added into any kitchen repertoire. But don’t let the size fool you; this model is still big enough to cook a whole chicken!
Users can adjust the heat and the cooking time for their foods, making this deep fryer a good choice for individuals who like a customizable fryer option. The temperature and time controls are extremely accurate.
Because this fryer has only one basket, it’s only possible to cook one kind of food at a time. For some people, this may not pose a problem, but it’s an important consideration for people who enjoy fried food frequently.
- Easy to clean with removable elements
- See-through window on fryer lid
- Compact but roomy size
- Exterior stainless steel coating has a cooling function for safety
- Ease of use makes less of a mess during cooking
- Not for commercial use
- Only one basket for frying
- Writing on the exterior surfaces may fade
9. Belovedkai Electric Deep Fryer – Best Deep Fryer for Commercial and Home Use
The Belovedkai Electric Deep Fryer is an ideal choice for individuals who plan to use their deep fryer for parties, large gatherings, or within the context of a commercial setting.
The size of this deep fryer (17.32 x 11.81 x 11.42) is large enough for commercial use, but the fryer only weighs about 8.5lbs. So, the Belovedkai fryer is conveniently designed for portability and functionality.
Because it can be used in commercial settings, the Belovedkai Electric Deep Fryer provides its users with a number of valuable settings. For instance, like some other fryers on this list this fryer also offers customizable heat settings and time adjustments.
This deep fryer has a few different design options available; the smallest option utilizes a 10L basket that’s big enough to cook a large quantity of food quickly and easily. Other options include 13L, 20L, and 26L single basket fryers, along with 20L and 26L double basket designs.
A stainless steel exterior and a plastic basket handle allow for easy cleaning and safe usage. The attractive appearance of this appliance make it a good addition to any kitchen; it’s a stunning piece in any kitchen context.
A lid cover provides additional safety for cooks and avoids oil splatters on and around the appliance. This design makes it possible to easily and quickly clean up after cooking; the stainless steel exterior is also easy to clean.
However, unlike some other fryers on this list, the Belovedkai Electric Deep Fryer does not have a window built into the lid. This means that cooks are required to lift the lid each time they need to check the food.
- Commercial-grade deep fryer
- Customizable time and heat settings
- Dishwasher-safe; easy cleaning
- Can fry large quantities of food
- Built-in lid does not have a window to watch cooking
- Storage is difficult because wire cannot be removed
- Less stylish than other models
10. Proctor Silex 35044 Professional-Style Deep Fryer – Ideal for Home Chefs and Large Gatherings
This deep fryer is specifically designed for the home chef. Individuals who are looking for a professional-quality deep fryer with an attractive design and compact size will love the Proctor Silex 35044 fryer model.
This deep fryer is larger than some of the other ones on this list, and as such it’s fully capable of frying sizeable quantities of food for big groups of people. It’s perfect for parties and gatherings. The fryer holds 5L of oil and had a big, deep basket for frying.
The Proctor Silex Electric Deep Fryer can cook up to 13 servings of french fries, a considerable amount especially when compared to other options on this list. This fryer can also cook buffalo wings, onion rings, a whole chicken, and various other foods with total ease.
A convenient lid complete with a window makes it possible for cooks to carefully watch the food as it cooks while avoiding the possibility of messy and dangerous oil splatters. The lid also helps contain the fried food smell to a limited space.
This model is very easy to clean; a removable oil pot makes it possible to cleanly dispose of the oil, and the exterior surfaces of the fryer can simply be wiped clean with a cloth. Many parts of the fryer are dishwasher-safe, making the overall cleaning process quite straightforward.
Just like the other deep fryer models on this list, the Proctor Silex 35044 deep fryer possesses an immersed heating element for quick and efficient heating. This makes it so that the food cooks evenly and rapidly.
- Professional-grade fryer for the home cook
- Lid with see-through window
- Easy to clean
- Large size; can cook up to 13 servings of french fries
- Small parts (handle, cable, etc.) are removable and can be misplaced if care isn’t taken
- The basket is shallow and wide; food must be adequately situated for proper cooking
Things to Consider Before Buying
Buying a deep fryer is a big decision, and not one to be taken lightly. Here are some things to consider before making a final decision on which deep fryer to purchase.
1. How much will you be using the deep fryer?
It’s important to consider how often you’ll use this new appliance in your everyday life.
If you plan to use it regularly, making an investment in a higher quality deep fryer might be worth the money in the long run. However, if you plan to use it only intermittently or rarely, consider buying an easy-to-use and cheap deep fryer instead.
2. What foods do you like to cook and how will you use the deep fryer?
Consider what you’ve cooked in the past, and the things you want to cook in the future.
Do you cook for a lot of people or just for yourself? Will you often make meals that have more than one fried food, or do you usually only need to make one fried food at a time? Considering the exact ways that you’ll use the appliance will help you make a decision.
If you relish the idea of having fried chicken with a side of french fries, it may be worth it to get a deep fryer with 2 baskets. For people who cook just for themselves or for a small family, a smaller size, one basket model may do the trick.
3. What benefits do you want your deep fryer to have?
Different deep fryers have different benefits. Some have windows on the lids so that cooks can check the food as it fries, while others have food-based presets for busy individuals. Other deep fryers have neither of these things, but have different assets even still.
When making your decision, carefully analyze the assets of each choice. Imagine yourself using the appliance(s), and what would benefit you and your life. This will help you make a wise and effective decision.
4. Consider safety
Take some time to look into the safety features of the deep fryers that interest you. Some fryers have sophisticated safety elements, while others are lacking any real safety features at all. In all cases, safety should be an integral part of your decision.
How to Use Deep Fryer – Safety Tips
Deep Fryer FAQs
1. Is there a limit to how much food can be fried at one time in the fryer basket?
The food that you place in the deep fryer basket should fill no more than ½ of the basket. If too much food is fried at one time, this can result in soggy or only partially cooked foods. When too much food is placed in the deep fryer, it causes the oil in the fryer to have a lower temperature. Oil that isn’t of the right temperature can cause less crispness and crunchiness in the fried food.
2. What kind of oil is best to use with a deep fryer?
Deep fryers can use olive oil, peanut oil, or vegetable oil to fry food. Corn oil is a highly recommended oil for deep frying. Users should NEVER use butter or margarine to fry food in a deep fryer, since these can produce excessive smoking and can damage the deep fryer.
3. How should a deep fryer be cleaned?
All deep fryers are a little bit different, so the exact cleaning methods may vary from model-to-model and brand-to-brand. However, there are some rules that can be followed most of the time.
1. Always wait for the oil to cool completely before cleaning the deep fryer. Do not attempt to clean the deep fryer when the oil is still hot, since this is dangerous to both you and the appliance.
2. Avoid using abrasive or chemical cleaners to clean your deep fryer. Scrubbing brushes should also be avoided.
3. Most deep fryers can be cleaned using warm, soapy water and a soft, non-abrasive cloth. Before doing a thorough cleaning, wipe the oil residue and crumbs off of the fryer.
Read the instructions before using or cleaning your deep fryer. It’s important to follow the specific cleaning directions for your deep fryer so as to avoid damaging the appliance and also to ensure that all parts of the fryer are getting well-cleaned. When in doubt, a quick online search on how to clean your deep fryer brand and model will yield plenty of results on how to effectively clean your new kitchen appliance.
4. How often should you change deep fryer oil?
There are a few answers to this question, depending on the type of oil used and the amount of time between each fry, but most experts agree that oil should be disposed of after 8-10 uses or after 6 months from the first use (whichever comes first). Make sure to strain and safely store the oil in a cool dark place after each use.
There are a lot of decisions and factors to take into account when buying a deep fryer, but with this knowledge and understanding any individuals should now be able to find the best fryer for their unique, individual situation and desires.
Having an appliance dedicated to making delicious and well-cooked fried food can take meals to the next level. A deep fryer is a spectacular addition to any kitchen.